Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Searching for Sara

11 am on a Wednesday morning
the blood rushes to the head
words blur on the lcd monitor
a cup of coffee, twenty emails
the drone of the worker bee
the printer hums, the phone rings
and the breath comes in gasps
struggling to find a beat

A day, a hour , a second
but time stands still
meet friends for lunch
buy a new dress
make weekned plans, fret
over what I cannot chase
neatly arranged packages
waiting to be shipped
waiting for something to happen

Was it me who said
life is full of possbilities
go to the end of the earth
but make it matter
rip your heart out
bleed if you have to
take your blue skies
and run with it
like the six year old girl
in an orange wind swept haze

And here I am
with my face against the glass
sealed and protected
because what if
I break a leg or bruise my knee
and what if my Gods conspire
what if my worst fears come true
like I can't let go, but I want to
I say, its me Sara, and you say...who?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home