Friday, February 11, 2005

Growing up...

Perhaps it was a saturday
Ma stood in an orange sari
younger than even what I am today
radiant and beautiful
in the hazy afternoon sun
of a Delhi december.
I leaped from a tree
unafraid, in the pursuit of fun.
but I have learnt to be cautious
I could break a bone or a heart.
And now on a friday night
I look at the flickering lights of the skyline
and wonder,
when did we veer off course
why did we make those mistakes
how did we crash and burn
but the funny thing is
we've come a long way with all
our foolishness and follies
for without them what would shape our lives?
I pick up the phone and dial long distance
I can no longer take that smile for granted
I have learnt to believe, and yet to be
I have learnt to be brave, learnt to be strong , learnt to be wise
Yes, ma , I am a big girl now
I can fall, pick myself up and walk on.

3 Comments:

At 12:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thou I identify with the thought process, I am not sure that I want to always! It is always nice to feel comfortable.

 
At 1:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog you have. I have a onlline cello music sheets
related site. Check it out if you get a chance. The URL is onlline cello music sheets

 
At 8:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're right on track and not many people are willing to admit that they share your views. lost paradise is an AWESOME place to discuss LOST.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home